Recipe By: Denise Ferreira
I know, most of the time I just try to get to the recipe, I mean this is why you are here right? (Insert smiley face). But I really wanted to add a bit of facts to this one, because I think it’s important.
Eating for health has nothing to do with restriction what you can eat, but everything to do with choosing wisely. Finding what works for you and your body, what makes you feel your best- before a workout, after a workout and everything in between.
It took me a long time to understand the concept of food being fuel and removing myself from viewing what I ate as either weight gain or weight loss. Learning to eat what fueled my work-outs, my performance, my every day life has been instrumental in my overall health.
Being able to understand the foods that fuel your body, while still being satisfying, because lets be honest, how often do we think when we are trying to eat healthy we have to eat things that literally taste like cardboard? Ya, I know….been there too.
And with all this said, I’m sharing on of my favorite pre or post workout snacks, or a just because snack…cause this shits good for you!
Plant Based Protein Oats Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Quick Oats (or Instant)
- 1/2 scoop Plant based vanilla protein powder (see below for the one i use)
- 1 scoop Clean Collagen (see below for the one i use)
- 1tsp flax seeds
- Cinnamon ( i sit on the side that there is no such thing as too much cinnamon- so go happy here)
- 1tsp Natural Peanut Butter ( get those healthy fats)
- Boiling water
- In a bowl mix, oats, protein, collagen, cinnamon and flax
- add boiling water and cover ( the amount depends on how you like your oatmeal. I like min of the thick side, so I add enough water to slightly cover the oats) Let sit for 1-2 minutes
- Add Peanut butter and stir
- add your favorite dairy-free or regular yogurt and top with fresh berries
MACROS with toppings: 19C|12.5P|5F 175 CALORIES.
GENUINE HEALTH PRODUCTS USED:
Join Denise in the Kitchen on Instagram at: @deniseferreira.fit